For anyone who knows me, I am the WORST at lyrics. A few examples:
- I used to sing “Bye bye, miss American Pie. Put the pedal to the medal and then we say goodbye”
- I also was convinced Katy Perry’s song “Wide Awake” was actually “Runaway”
- This weekend I sang Black Keys’ song “Lonely Boy” with the opener “Well I so adore you”
- And also, while trying to be witty, I sang “Isn’t Ironic” with the final line of the chorus as “And who would have thought, it’s simple”
I bring this to your attention given the title of this post. It was originally “People everywhere, grab hands” until I googled it. I am no lyrical gangsta.
I am taking a break from running today to talk about my Woman of the Year campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I committed to take on this 10-week challenge a few months ago and with the help of an incredible team, we have been pounding the pavement hard to raise as much money as possible for this incredible cause. Five weeks in and we are close to my halfway goal. But there is a long way to go. I’ve got miles to go before I sleep.
In the next 5 weeks, my team and I have planned five events:
- The Ladies of Herron Morton Dinner Party
- Flat12 “Drinking Towards a Cause” event
- “Today’s the Day” 5K (more info to come soon!)
- Date Auction (more info coming soon!)
- SunKing Bar Crawl (more info coming soon!)
I hope you will consider attending!
And I still need your help! For our date auction, I need as many donations possible. We are looking to create unique and fun experiential date packages so want gift cards to restaurants, bars, tickets to games, shows, concerts. If you know of someone who can help or if you can donate yourself, please let me know!
Please watch our halfway video of my good friends Gwyn and Jenn as they share memories of their father who passed away from Lymphoma. It’s a beautiful story and should inspire everyone to empty their pockets.
Gwyn and Jenn’s Blood Cancer Story
It takes a village. People everywhere. Grab hands. Let’s do this. Thank you for your support.