Since we’re on a Twitter theme this weekend….I figured I would write a blog about “OH.” Often you’ll see people Tweet OH: and then they will write something that they overheard. For a really long time, I thought people were addressing Ohio. But now I get it.
And so here are some things that I have recently OH (and please note, quite a few of them were spoken by yours truly):
- This morning at Speedway, I was pumping gas and a guy walks by me and says “How you doin’?” I respond, “Good morning” in my sing-songy chipper voice. He then says “You have a phone number?” I said “Nope.” He said, “huh?” I repeated, “Nope” and then got in my car and drove home. Pretty sweet pick up line, dude.
- In the middle of the night on Friday, my husband reaches over and puts his hand on my back. I have some temperature regulation problems when I sleep, which often result in night-sweats. He asked “Meg, why are you so hot?” I know that he was referring to temperature, but at 3am, I replied: “As Lady Gaga would say, I was born this way” and then I promptly rolled over and went back to bed.
- Tonight I played with a 2 year old. As we were looking at her baby book, she points to herself in the bathtub at 3 months and says “I was SO naked.” It was hilarious.
- Last night, as we were waiting for our table at dinner, a man next to me asks me “How are you the Mayor of Cafe Patachou and the Monon Trail.” I looked at him with confusion until I realized that he and I had both checked-in on FourSquare and he had clicked on my profile. Nothing like a little social stalking to start off a conversation.
- While on a 6am flight from Indy to Chicago, it’s commonplace to immediately go to sleep when the lights go out. Unless, however, you were on that flight Friday morning. Because two men decided to talk to each other, loudly the entire flight. I was right in front of them and did my best to fall asleep. But how can you tune out such riveting conversation such as “So tell me what Fort Wayne is like?”
- Normally, when I get home from work or the gym, I instantly change into jammies. And tonight that consists of an old tshirt and flannel, plaid pants. When I came downstairs, JD said to me “You look like you just walked off the set of Winter’s Bone.”
- Recently when shopping, I was waiting in line and two ladies in front of me were gabbing. My favorite OH line was “Well you know, Jimmy is sterile now…” No, in fact I hadn’t heard.
- Though this was awhile ago, it’s definitely OH worthy. I don’t cook a lot, but when I do, I really get into it. And that means that I talk aloud, in an instructional fashion, while I assemble ingredients and work my way through a recipe. I’d never be caught dead doing my version of a cooking show, of course. Until, well…I was caught. I was making a soup and was so proud of myself for tackling something that seemed relatively difficult compared to my ability. So I was in full Giada mode when I turned around and my husband was watching/listening to me. I haven’t lived it down since.
- My colleague Wade and I were flying back from Cleveland this past week when I got stuck in the middle seat between two men. As I was settling in, Wade passes by my row and says “I really hope you don’t get air sick like last time, Meggie.” The jaws on both men next to me dropped. I turned to the one on the right and said “Oh don’t worry…I always chuck left.”
What have you guys OH lately?