The theme of this week is ULTRA. Because on Saturday, I am going to be an ultra marathoner. But before I take on the Dances with Dirt 50K, let me just tell you some other things I am ULTRA about.
- I am ultra happy it’s May. In Indiana. If you aren’t a Hoosier, then I can’t really describe why this month is so amazing. But it is. Amazing.
- I am ultra thrilled about my marathon PR less than 3 weeks ago. I am still on cloud 4:15:01
- I am ultra blessed with amazing friends. One who spent his entire day at work searching for dresses for me to wear to a gala on Friday. One who let me cry to her after the Mini Marathon about silly stuff. A few that spent their Sundays doing a “statue throwing” competition in my backyard. One who has dedicated her latest FB statuses defending gay marriage. One who sent me an email this week that was so sweet it made me cry. One who texts me daily to ask about my knee. One who brought me “5 hour Energys” because he knew I needed them. One who asks me to eat omelettes at 5am on Saturday. And lots who spent Saturday night at my house drinking margaritas, singing TV theme songs, and laughing. “I feeeeeeeeel yoooooou.”
- I am ultra nervous about running 31+ miles on Saturday.
- I am ultra stressed about some big work stuff.
- I am ultra excited and giddy about The Sussy Project and our new Sussy Squad. I really think we are onto something big with this thing.
- I am ultra pleased with Barry Obama today. It took you long enough, El Presidente. But I knew you’d get there.
- I am ultra honored to be able to run alongside some of the strongest women I know for already 5 races this year.
- I am ultra relieved that posting my “fat” pictures two posts ago has resulted in such incredible feedback. I had no idea how many people would find inspiration in them – else I would have posted years ago!
- I am ultra obsessed with Game of Thrones.
- I am ultra ripe for a new project, whatever that may be. (Call me!)
- Ultra. I am ultra.
As Indianapolis native Kurt Vonnegut stated best, “I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.’”
So tell me….what are you ultra about?